ETSI 2017 Faculty Information
1. Program Schedule for 2017 ETSI Summer Intensive
The course schedules and suggested itineraries could be accessed from the following links.
2. Mandatory Forms
The faculty are strongly requested to fill and submit the following forms within a week of receiving confirmation from their Team Leader.
a. Emergency Contact Information Form
Download this form to provide your contact information and that of someone who can be contacted in an emergency. Also include information for your spouse/partner if you think they may be accompanying you to India. Please e-mail the completed form to: email@example.com (Be sure to list your name as shown in your passport.) Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it.
b. Protected Area Permit (PAP) Application Form
All the Tibetan refugee settlements established in India are classified as Protected Areas by the Government of India. Foreign nationals who wish to visit the monasteries that are located in the Tibetan settlements must have a approved PAP from the Government of India. Obtaining PAP approval takes 3-4 months.
- Download (PAP form pdf) and fill page 1 of the form. Instructions on how to fill the form are on page 2 and 3.
- To send the documents via email: Print, sign, and scan the completed form (page 1). Email the scanned copy, along with a copy of your passport's biographical page, and a passport ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send the document via mail: Print and sign the completed form (page 1). Send only the completed PAP form and a copy of your passport's biographical page to our office address below. The passport ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") must be sent via email to email@example.com
- Mailing Address: Emory-Tibet Science Initiative, Mailstop: ETSI-1599-001-1CB, 1599 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Note: Because of the lengthy PAP processing time, if there is any possibility that your spouse/partner may be joining you at the monastery, he/she must submit a separate signed PAP form and other above mentioned document with yours.
Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it. As it is an fillable PDF form, you must download it to your computer and complete it.
c. Liability Waiver (online) Form
Emory University's General Counsel requires all participants in overseas programs to sign liability waivers. This is an online form: please read, answer couple of brief questions, and electronically sign. Spouse/partners accompanying faculty members must sign the form designated for spouses/partners. They should not use the form for faculty members.
3. Instructions for Submitting Indian Visa Application
Click here to download the 'Instructions for Submitting Indian Visa Application' for 2017 ETSI Summer Intensive Program participants.
4. Travel Instructions
Click here to download the 'Travel Instructions' for 2017 ETSI Summer Intensive Program participants.