ETSI 2018 Faculty Information
1. Program Schedule for 2018 ETSI Summer Intensive
The course schedule and suggested itinerary for 2018 ETSI Summer Intensive Program for the monastics can be accessed from the following links.
2. Mandatory Forms
The faculty are strongly requested to fill and submit the following forms within a week of receiving confirmation from their Team Leader.
a. Emergency Contact Information Form
Download this form to provide your contact information and that of someone who can be contacted in an emergency. Also include information for your spouse/partner if you think they may be accompanying you to India. Please e-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Karma Tenzin email@example.com on your e-mail. (Be sure to list your name as shown in your passport.) Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it.
b. Protected Area Permit (PAP) Application Form
All the Tibetan refugee settlements established in India are classified as Protected Areas by the Government of India. Foreign nationals who wish to visit the monasteries that are located in the Tibetan settlements must have an approved PAP from the Government of India. Obtaining PAP approval takes 3-4 months.
- Download (PAP form pdf) and fill page 3. Instructions on how to fill the form are on page 1 and 2.
- To send the documents via email: Print, sign, and scan the completed form (page 3). Email the scanned copy, along with a copy of your passport's biographical page, and an ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Karma Tenzin email@example.com on your email.
- To send the document via mail: Print and sign the completed form (page 3). Send only the completed PAP form and a copy of your passport's biographical page to our office address below. The ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Karma Tenzin email@example.com on your email.
- Mailing Address: Emory-Tibet Science Initiative, Mailstop: ETSI-1599-001-1CB, 1599 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Note: Because of the lengthy PAP processing time, if there is any possibility that your spouse/partner may be joining you at the monastery, he/she must submit a separate signed PAP form and other above mentioned documents with yours.
Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it. As it is a fillable PDF form, you must download it to your computer and complete it.
c. Liability Waiver (online) Form
Emory University's General Counsel requires all participants in overseas programs to sign liability waivers. This is an online form: please read, answer couple of brief questions, and electronically sign. Spouse/partners accompanying faculty members must sign the form designated for spouses/partners. They should not use the form for faculty members.
3. Instructions for Submitting Indian Visa Application
Please download these three forms with information and instructions for applying for an Indian visa if you are in the Atlanta counsulate jurisdiction: