2020 FACULTY INFORMATION
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION AND FORMS FOR 2020 ETSI FACULTY
This page contains the program schedule, essential instructions, and required forms that must be completed by the 2020 ETSI faculty.1. PROGRAM SCHEDULE FOR 2020 ETSI SUMMER INTENSIVE
The course schedule and suggested itinerary for 2020 ETSI Summer Intensive Programs for the monastics can be accessed from the following links. The programs are for Year 4 Nuns’ Implementation Phase and Year 1 Sustainability Phase.
Course Schedule for ETSI 2020 (Due to COVID-19 pandemic the summer programs were canceled.)
Suggested Itinerary for ETSI 2020 Faculty – Summer Intensive Programs
2. PROGRAM SCHEDULE FOR 2020 ETSI WINTER WORKSHOP
Suggested Itinerary for the ETSI 2020 Faculty – Winter Workshop Programs
- Year 1 Sustainability Phase Research Workshop Program
- Year 1 Sustainability Phase Translation Workshop Program – Coming in Fall 2020
3. MANDATORY FORMS
The faculty must fill and submit the following forms:
1. Emergency Contact Information Form
Download Emergency Contact Information form to provide your contact information and that of someone who can be contacted in an emergency. Also include information for your spouse/partner if you think they may be accompanying you to India. Please e-mail the completed form to Tsetan and Karma at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Be sure to list your name as it is in your passport. Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it. It is a fillable PDF form, you must download it to your computer and complete it.
Note to the returning faculty: If your ‘emergency contact information’, the contact person information, work and home addresses are still good, let us know and we will retrieve them from our database.
2. Protected Area Permit (PAP) Application Form
All the Tibetan refugee settlements established in India are classified as Protected Areas by the Government of India. Foreign nationals who wish to visit and stay in Protected Areas, which includes the monasteries that are located in the Tibetan settlements, must have an approved PAP from the Government of India. Obtaining PAP takes 3-4 months.
- Download PAP form pdf and fill page 3. Instructions on how to fill the form are on page 1 and 2.
- To send the documents via email: Print, sign, and scan the completed form (page 3). Email the scanned copy, along with a copy of your passport's biographical page, and an ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") to Tsetan and Karma, at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
- To send the document via mail: Print and sign the completed form (page 3). Send only the completed PAP form and a copy of your passport's biographical page, in color if possible, to our office address below. However, we request you to send the ID photo (jpg, 2"X2") via email to Tsetan and Karma at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. (Having ID photo in jpg allows us to use it for other purposes such as visa application and local registration.)
- Mailing Address: Emory-Tibet Science Initiative, Mailstop: ETSI-1599-001-1CB, 1599 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Note: Because of the long PAP processing time we request faculty to:
- Submit a separate signed PAP form and other documents for your spouse/partner, if there is even a small possibility of your spouse/partner joining you at the monastery.
- Inform Tsetan of any possible delay in the completion and submission of PAP form due to passport expiration and other issues once you receive your faculty confirmation.
Depending on your browser settings, this document may either automatically download to your computer, or you may be asked to select an application to read it. As it is a fillable PDF form, you must download it to your computer and complete it.
3. Liability Waiver (online) Form
Emory University's General Counsel requires all participants in Emory’s overseas programs to sign liability waivers. This is an online form: please read, answer couple of brief questions, and electronically sign. Accompanying spouse/partner must sign the form designated for spouses/partners. They should not use the form that’s for the faculty members and ETSI staff.
- Liability Waiver form for ETSI faculty members and staff traveling to India https://forms.gle/DNay3nxrT4RvoAAQ9
- Liability Waiver form for Spouses/Partners of ETSI faculty members traveling to India https://forms.gle/bqsvDk3GSHjFVBDq5
- Sustainability Phase Biology Syllabus
- Sustainability Phase Physics Syllabus
- Sustainability Phase Neuroscience Syllabus
- Sustainability Phase Pedagogy Syllabus
- Sustainability Phase Research Training Syllabus
ETSI Implementation Phase Syllabi
5. RECOMMENDED READINGS FOR ALL ETSI FACULTY